For ages I have wanted to hark back to film photography and explore what so many describe as the magic of the darkroom and developing. As well as that I love vintage, retro photography. Perhaps it's a bit of a fad that is sweeping amongst photographers and the 'riff raff" (oi oi- wink wink, nudge nudge) as well. Even the iphone hipstamatic app has taken facebook albums by storm. But I love it and beyond that I also believe that knowing how to expose an image perfectly using a completely manual film camera is a great, if not the only way, to really call yourself a true photographer. Maxi Jazz may have said
'you don't need eyes to see, you need vision'
... but a royal understanding of aperture control, shutter speed and your ISOs - is bang on.
So, I digress, my present for myself:
- PENTAX K1000 with 2 lens, pack of filters
- BABY BLUE (cute) HOLGA 120N with flash
- 3 expired colour 35mm film
- 3 expired black and white 35mm film
- 3 rolls of 120 expired colour film
- 3 rolls of 120 expired black and white film