Tuesday 2 November 2010

The Magic of Persia

At Uni I did a year of History of Art. There were a number of core courses and then one selected for us by the powers that be. Much to my disappointment at the time I landed myself, or in fact they landed me, on a course called 'Persian Painting - a study' instead of a preferred 'History of Photography' or something else of a similar kind.
It turned out to be one of the most interesting and fascinating courses I have ever taken.
These paintings are miniature usually smaller then a sheet of A4. I fell in love with the colours, the tiny and acute attention to details and their longevity. Amazing. So if you ever come across an exhibition for 'Persian Paintings' don't bypass it and skip onto the Tate Modern - seriously it's so worth the look.
X.

No comments:

Post a Comment